Rara Avis.

There's so much to share, too little time.
All at once takes away all the beauty,
Maybe this is how it's meant to be.
He'll know and feel love just not through me.
I wish, If I could I'd show him so patiently.
I'll wrap his arms to my waist to break the uncertainty.
Damn all these blurred lines, I'd rather he be mine.
But that's all fantasy, a silent reverie of the mind. 

It's arduous not to touch him, not to give into one embrace. 
He never said those important words,
But it doesn't matter it's always been present in his presence, or absence nonetheless.
There has never been such consistency, never been so admired.
Treats and feeds me like a real lady or a queen.
And when I'm not beautiful, he sees a higher beauty.
Something natural, something even I don't see.
Like a king with wings that protect me,
His bona fide tenderness play songs strumming on heartstrings.
Yet there's no way he can hold me,
Too soon I'll slip away, straying distant from his days.
Love and life aren't married sometimes they divert their own way,
We're slaves to reality, caught with a rara avis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are enough

Life is complex in it's simplicity.

I used to be