You are enough

Perhaps in great darkness,
There truly is a light... 
For it's been almost a year or two 
Since i've felt the need to write. 

Though my writing feels quite rusty, 
And awkward to continue,
I want to capture what I'm going through. 
This is stress that's quite brand new. 

I asked for a new challenge, 
And challenge I was granted.
Now that I've got what I wished, 
I wonder if that's what I wanted. 

Do you know that feeling,
Where you're constantly subpar- 
Even if you've tried everything
You seem to still fall far.

It's not like I'm not trying,
It's not like anyone's to blame,
But I'm always in a rush, 
For people to know my name. 

I wish I was way smarter, 
I wish I was way quicker, 
I wish I was way louder, 
I wish I was less bitter. 

They say you are enough,
But it doesn't seem the case,
Even when people assure me,
I can't help thinking it's fake... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is complex in it's simplicity.

I used to be