Not lovers, not friends.

I put up with your sensitivity, your endless emotions and
Your unreasonable anger towards me.
But all our patience have a limit,
and you've passed a tolerable degree.
You're throwing a friendship I hold precious to a flaming tree.
If you have a problem, talk to me like an adult,
Don't give me a cold shoulder then sit in a corner and sulk.
I'm not someone to babysit you all day and ask what you're pouting about.

Still,
Let me start off with an apology,
Though I did not do you wrong.
What fault have I stumbled upon?
I've been here all along
We just don't belong that way,
Can you be stronger, it's been so long.
I'm happier now, I'm better. Don't you see?
What friend are you if you can't be glad for me.
Can't you be a bigger man?
Not lovers, not friends.
'I won't care about her no more.' Honey is that your plan?
You say these words and yet feel insulted cause you think you're better.
Please don't worry about my choices,
He makes me smile, he gives me love, he provides me with pleasure.
And if you had a selfless heart you'd respect what I treasure.
But yet you rather wreck this friendship that mattered to me.
Not clever.

For what, my dear?
Even if I was alone, it doesn't mean we'd be together.
Even if I took your shit once or twice, you thought I'd take it forever?
Remember how we used to be close,
Make jokes, had fun, we could do whatever.

I'm disappointed and sad,
But I've done my part attempting to patch up the pieces.
You walked away from my words, no traces.
But soon enough you'll find my replacement,
Open up your heart's placement, on me it's wasted.
Leave it vacant, for someone else worthy to stay-
Between the walls of your heart, below the skies of your mind,
the tears that may bleed you dry.
let her be the apple in your eye.

But now I'm out of ideas, and I'm out of reasons to try.
When it's one sided, I ask myself why.
If you want to be one of those people who come and go in my life,
Then fine, I'm still grateful, thank you for stopping by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are enough

Life is complex in it's simplicity.

I used to be