Waves of gratitude.

His soul shines so brightly,
His heart more precious than pure gold.
T'was today that I realize, it was a loss to let him go.
While I was holding some other man's hand,
He watched with a torn heart but by my side he'd stand, 
Ready to catch my fall cause he knew the boy was bad.
Said he couldn't stand to see me sad when he found out it was over.
I thought he'd be happy but he couldn't find satisfaction nor closure.
He wish he could do more but he no longer desired to be the knight in my wars.
"This train has left a little, I hope you understand.
It wasn't the easiest thing, watching you leave with another man."
We're still friends, aren't we? What more could I ask for.
We can't change the past, regardless how much we deplore. 
He clamped my hands between his palms and assured "I could've given you everything."
But what's the point bringing up the past of something that turned into nothing.
Still the generosity in his words "Someone will be lucky to have you someday."
And with waves of gratitude I thank you, thank you.
For your selfless, gracious ways. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are enough

Life is complex in it's simplicity.

I used to be