What it feels to be free.

My wrists feel a little naked, light as a feather, clear as a vein,
The very person that locked me up released me of my chains.
He removed the mask over my face, I can breathe and see again.
My heart stopped bleeding from gentle stitches, there's no more pain.
I can think clearly and make sense, the mind's no longer insane.
There's no more sadness no more left to complain.
There's no more hurt I tried so hard to contain.
There's no more 'It's all okay' tough girl to maintain.
There's no more lying to myself 'on behalf of him' to explain,
No more 'try to look beautiful', it's perfectly good enough to be plain.
There was a freedom I refrained too long to regain,
Now I'm taking the fast lane to some fabulous freedom,
And on the way to recovery I'll sure sing in the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are enough

Life is complex in it's simplicity.

I used to be