Fool in love

Your blue eyes stare at me with nothing less than sincerity,
Your sugar coated words got me believing in me.
Your kisses so soft and tender, it takes a million to suffice.
Your touch lingers around my body, I'd pay any price,
To spend time and understand you...
Let your guards down and make you a better man,
Like the way you effortlessly extract the goodness within me.
You remember all the abstracts- shuffle my muffles,
And fit them together like a jigsaw puzzle.
What started off as a flirting flame had no one to blame.
Sparks fly and we've become something real,
The attraction we feel, so strong and enchanting...
In games there is always a loser but to me you're not a game.

What is it you perceive?
a sea of ecstasy, a world of fantasy, a sense of majesty?
Do you do it to just relax, release, feel relief and set yourself free?
When you hold me, are you alive?
Are you feeling me or is it just a touch?
Do you care or am I asking too much?
Are you close to my soul are you entwined and enchanted?
Or have I always been something you've taken for granted?
Is there an urge to protect the heart that I planted in you?
I'd eventually fall for you maybe you already knew.
Do we create art when we're entangled as one?
Or do you finish and swiftly after we're done? 
You should know me by now, it's all or it's none.

Now I'll lay down my heart and I'll feel the power
Of what hours can do to set my heart free,
Relief of sorrow, pain and grief,
Of how we could not be meant to be for each other.
We tried so hard at one point, why did we bother?
What happened to your affection, tender loving care?
You wanted me so now I'm here, why're you over there?

You say you don't like the proud defensive girl in me,
but what other options have you left me?
You prefer it when I wear my heart on my sleeve,
But for too long I've been foolish, naive,
So persistent on something that can't be retrieved.

*Theme inspired by songs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are enough

Life is complex in it's simplicity.

I used to be