I imagine me flying.

I wait outside the 12F window knowing I had wings,
They spread and flap awake for the count of my ready.
1..2,3. I take in a breath of the embracing wind,
"Release" they playfully whisper and I start flying steady.

It's the prime time at sunset, the sun lays on the horizon.
I glide with an elegant effort to get a closer look.
As I pass by, the eagles welcome me to their world,
Then rapidly fly across, with a rabbit on its hook.

I peak down, I see I'm two thousand feet high,
My room vanished out of sight but I don't mind.
I stand on the peak of a tower and rest my body against it,
I watch the vehicles on the lanes so strictly align.


People transform to rainbow dots from way up here.
The cargo ships on the sea turn seemingly small.
Buildings keep shrinking like an old man's body,
Nothing's scary or intimidating, finally I feel tall.

Once again I take off to some higher altitude,
I pass by the ocean, lakes, rivers, wherever it glistens.
It's silent where I'm at I can only hear me singing,
The clouds seem to stay a while and are glad to listen.

The sun says "times up." I begin to slowly head back,
The curtains of the sky fall as it starts to darken.
It's been a miraculous show, so brilliant and fine.
"One more time, please." to dreams I bargain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are enough

Life is complex in it's simplicity.

I used to be